Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The little things that keep us sane

I have several. It all depends on the situation, and the day.

Some days, it's music. I listen all day at work to WFMT, and some days, it's all that keeps me from swinging from the chandelier.

Some days, it's pretty yarn. I can always take a break and go look at The Loopy Ewe or some of my favorite indie sellers, like Numma Numma or Castle Fibers. If I've actually got some time, I love to go hang out and browse a little at my local yarn shop, String Theory Yarn Co. There's always something pretty there, not to mention people to talk to about yarn and pretty knitting and crochet.

Some days, it's the knitting or crochet itself. And it could be either, depending on what I'm trying to make. Pictures of my WIPs and FOs coming soon.

Some days, it's my pets. They are always there, and while they're usually looking for food, they always love me, no matter what. Even when they're mad at me.

Some days, it's something small. Like the bunny in the partking lot last night who was sitting so still I thought he was a rock. Or the wild flowers in my front lawn in the spring time.

And some days, it's my friends. Who take me as I am and pat me on the head when necessary.

So, do tell. What little things keep YOU sane on any given day? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment