Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why oh why can't I?

The question was beautifully sung by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz. "If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow why oh why can't I??"

Everyone has a "why oh why can't I" question. It changes as we grow up, and sometimes changes day-to-day. Most of them are rhetorical, but occasionally there is one that is a genuine question to which you really want an answer. Among mine over time:

  1. Why oh why can't I have a pony?
  2. Why oh why can't I actually kick a kick ball?
  3. Why oh why can't I be on the dance team?
  4. Why oh why can't I understand physics?
  5. Why oh why can't I find a suitable job?
  6. Why oh why can't I have a pygmy goat?
  7. Why oh why can't I get a project finished to enter in the County Fair competition?
  8. Why oh why can't I afford the one I want? (This could be any number of things.)
  9. Why oh why can't I pet the bunnies living in the back yard?
  10. Why oh why can't I swim in that?
So, dear reader, my question to you. What is your current WOWCI question? And is it rhetorical, or do you really need to get an answer?

Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment